Coleslaw is one the classic salad recipes go well with all kind of meals. It’s a cold salad recipe perfect for summers and serves as a side dish with both meat and vegetarian main recipes. Coleslaw Recipe is very simple and need very basic ingredients. All you need to make coleslaw is some cabbage, carrot and some dressing ingredients. You can alter the ingredients and choose alternatives for the coleslaw dressing. Read about classic Coleslaw Salad Recipe to serve with your favourite burger, making sandwiches and even with non-vegetarian dishes.
The star of the Coleslaw Recipe is the dressing which has sharpness of mustard, sweetness from the sugar and the much desired acidity from vinegar or lemon. However you can use your own quantities depending on your taste buds like if you prefer it little sharp than increase the quantity of mustard. I like little spiciness so add black pepper powder and chopped green chillies in my coleslaw recipe. Learn how to make restaurant style coleslaw at home.
Now let’s take a look at the coleslaw salad recipe ingredients and How to Make Coleslaw Salad.
Coleslaw salad recipe ingredients
• Shredded Cabbage – 1 cup
• Shredded carrot – ⅓ cup
• Finely chopped Onion – 2 tablespoon
• Finely chopped green chillies- 1 teaspoon (optional)
• Hung curd – 4 tablespoon
• Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
• Mustard sauce – 1 teaspoon
• Sugar – 1 teaspoon
• Black pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
• Salt to taste
How to make Coleslaw
• Take shredded cabbage and carrots in a bowl, add salt and mix well
• In a mixing bowl to prepare salad dressing, mix hung curd, black pepper powder, lemon juice, mustard sauce, sugar, finely chopped green chillies and onion. Whisk well to combine all indigents.
• Add in the shredded cabbage and carrot to salad dressing and mix well.
• Coleslaw is ready. Before serving keep it in Refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Serve chilled coleslaw with your favourite meal.