Drumstick curry made from drumstick vegetable not chicken drumsticks is very easy recipe has lots of flavour and can be served as side dish with any other vegetarian or non vegetarian recipe. Here we are with Andhra style Drumstick tomato Curry recipe a delicious combination of drumstick vegetable, tomatoes and easily available Indian spices. Learn how to make Andhra style Drumstick Curry.
Before we proceed for Drumstick Curry recipe lets know something about Drumstick. Drumstick also known as Sahajan in Hindi is actually a broadly grown variety of healing plant which has been used for its therapeutic qualities since a very long time. So adding drumstick in your diet is always good for your health. It is a seasonal vegetable used in many other preparations too especially the sambar.
Here we are with easy to make Drumstick Tomato Curry Recipe where delicious drumsticks pieces are cooked in spicy tomato gravy to be served with any Indian bread or with a bowl of steamed rice.
Drumstick tomato Curry recipe ingredients
• Drumsticks – 3 to 4
• Chopped Tomatoes – 5
• Chopped Onion (optional)- 1
• Curry leaves – 8 to 10
• Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
• Chopped Green chilies – To taste
• Mustard seeds- ½ teaspoon
• Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
• Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
• Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
• Red chili powder- to taste
• Salt – to taste
• Oil – 2 tablespoons
• Water – as required
How to cook Drumstick Curry recipe
• Peel and cut drumsticks in long pieces say around 1 inch long or more.
• Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds, when starts crackling add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped onion, curry leaves, salt and cook on medium flame till onions turns brown in colour.
• Add turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste, cook for couple of minutes.
• Add drumsticks and little water, mix it with cooked masala. Cover the pan and let it cook for 5 to 6 minutes or till the drumsticks are half cooked.
• Add chopped tomatoes, coriander powder and red chili powder, mix well and cook for couple of minutes. Add water if required and cook this for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame till tomatoes cooked and drumstick become soft.
• Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with rice, chapatti or naan.