Amla has many health benefits but as we all know that kids are fussy eaters and never ready to eat Amla, if you also face this problem then here is the solution, you can make Amla candies at home and I am sure your kids will love to have it and get all the benefits of Amla. You can prepare Amla Candy at home, here is simple and quick process to make Amla Candy at home. Read on to know Dry Amla Candy recipe.
You can make many other delicious and healthy recipes with Amla (Indian gooseberry) like Amla Murabba, Amla ki sabzi, Amla chutney, Amla Pickle and fresh Amla juice too. Amla has lots of health benefits you can use it in your day to day cooking easily to know more please visit How to use Amla in daily diet.
Amla Candy recipe Ingredients
- Amla- 1 kg
- Sugar- 700 Gms
How to make Amla Candy
- Wash the Amla under running water.
- Boil water in large vessel and add Amla in boiling water for 2-3 minutes. Leave them in boiling water for 5 minutes (switch off the flame).
- Drain the water and cut the Amla in four pieces, remove the seeds.
- Put these pieces of Amla in large vessel, pour sugar over them, cover the vessel and keep it aside for 3 days.
- On the very first day you notice that sugar is turn into syrup and the Amla pieces will be floating in the syrup. Stir the syrup and keep it aside for more two days.
- After two days Amla pieces will settles down. Sieve the Amla pieces and put them in sunlight to dry for 2 – 3 days till it turns brown in color.
- Coat the sun dried candies with powdered sugar and store the freshly prepared candies in airtight container.
Useful cooking tips
- Do not throw the sugar syrup; you can prepare tasty Amla Sharbat from it, Boil this syrup for till it becomes quite thick. Store the syrup after cooling in a glass jar and refrigerate. To prepare Amla juice mix 2 tbsp of Amla squash with enough water and ice cubes to get refreshing Amla Sharbat.