We all used Garlic in our day to day cooking but to make savory dishes only today we are here with one garlic dessert recipe that is lip smacking and completely irresistible. Garlic Kheer or Benami Kheer is very unusual Kheer recipe and one of the lost recipes of India, when I first saw this recipe in one cooking show I find it very interesting so I cook it and believe me it’s simply delicious. Here we are with this amazing Garlic Kheer recipe full of nutrients and taste.
Festivals are around the corner and to celebrate the festivities nothing can be better than one unique Kheer recipe called Garlic Kheer to surprise your guests and loved ones. Lasooni Kheer is not only delicious, has medicinal properties too so learn how to Make Garlic Kheer a very simple and traditional lost recipe.
Garlic Kheer recipe ingredients
• Garlic cloves- 20 to 25
• Full cream Milk- 3 to 4 cups
• Sugar- 1 cup or to taste
• Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
• Paneer (Cottage cheese) – 50 grams
• Chopped dry fruits (Almond, Pistachio, Cashew nuts, raisins) – ¼ cup
• Alum (फिटकिरी) – 1 tablespoon
• Water as required
How to make Garlic Kheer recipe
• To make garlic Kheer first we have to remove the pungent smell and taste of garlic so peel garlic cloves and keep aside. Take water in a pan add alum and simmer till alum dissolve completely, add peeled garlic and boil till garlic loses its flavor. Drain and rinse in cold water and repeat the process till the pungent smell of garlic went off. Once done chop the garlic roughly. If you are using small garlic than there is no need to chop it off.
• Heat milk in a pan add green cardamom powder when it comes to a boil simmer it till milk reduces and becomes slightly thick.
• Add garlic and sugar and stir till sugar dissolves. Add paneer cubes and simmer for 10 minutes on low flame or till the Kheer become little thick.
• Add chopped dry fruits mix well and serve hot garlic Kheer, you can also serve it chilled but I like hot garlic Kheer.
Garlic Kheer is good for winter season and in the treatment of heart problems, blood pressure. It dissolve bad cholesterol and keep our heart healthy. So add this amazing Garlic Kheer recipe in your diet especially in winters and get good health with taste.