I love grilled pineapple, simple yet delicious recipe that one can easily make it home even without griller. Pineapple is very versatile fruit you can make delicious pineapple shake, pineapple halwa, use in salads or use for garnishing, it taste delicious in every recipe. Here we are with Grilled Pineapple Recipe, very simple and refreshing dessert.
Before you start with grilled pineapple recipe it’s important to know how to choose ripe pineapple? Always smell the pineapple when purchasing, stronger the smell, the riper the fruit. You can add little black pepper powder and lemon juice while grilling pineapple to add little spice in your dish. Learn How to grill pineapple without griller.
Grilled Pineapple Recipe ingredients
• Fresh pineapple- 1 whole
• Honey- 2 tablespoons or to taste
• Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed
• Black pepper powder- 1/2 teaspoon or to taste
• Rock salt- 1 teaspoon (optional)
How to grill Pineapple without griller
- Peel, remove the pineapple eyes and cut the pineapple into thick slices (say 1 inch thick). You can cut it in circle or make triangle of it or any other desired shape you like.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, lemon juice, salt and black pepper. Brush the mixture onto each slice of pineapple, coating completely or you can also dip the slices in prepared glaze to coat them well from all sides.
- Heat grill pan (to get grill marks on it) or any non-stick pan. Brush the pan with little oil or butter. Place pineapple wedges on it and cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side (turning so that grill marks are on all sides) until the pineapple becomes fragrant and turn lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan. Serve and enjoy.
Useful tips for Grilled pineapple recipe
- Do not overcook the pineapple otherwise it turn mushy, as the natural sugars in fresh pineapple caramelizes quickly as it is grilled. So keep eyes on them or they will burn.
- Serve grilled pineapple with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to serve as a desert or use it in making Pineapple Salsa.
- You can keep the grilled pineapple slices at room temperature for up to 8 hours. Re-warm before serving.