Turmeric Milk is my favourite night time especially during chilled winter nights it’s like comforting food for me. Turmeric milk not only completely comforting, relaxing, and soothing at night, but extremely nutritious too. Turmeric has a warm, slightly spicy, sharp, and earthy flavour and when mixed with honey become tastier than any other drink.
It’s a good to drink hot milk at night before going to bed as anything warm in the evening hours provide soothing effects on our digestion and immediately relaxe us. In traditional turmeric milk recipe whole cow’s milk is used but you can use toned milk also.
Read on to know Turmeric milk recipe to get rid from your day to day common health problems like common cold, body pain, healing wounds and so on.
Turmeric milk recipe ingredients
- Milk – 2 cups
- Turmeric powder– 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder- A pinch
- Grated ginger (optional)- ¼ teaspoon
- Honey to taste
How to make Haldi waala doodh
- Mix all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil
- Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 20-30 minutes.
- Strain the milk, mix honey to taste and serve hot or warm.
You can use almond milk or soya milk if suffering from digestive issues or intolerances to dairy products otherwise regular milk is good enough to use for this Turmeric milk recipe. Avoid giving Turmeric milk to pregnant and lactating mothers as it can be harmful for them.