Bitter Gourd or Karela is well known Indian vegetable. It is a boon for diabetic persons and also rich in many nutrients. Bitter Gourd lowers the high blood sugar levels and purifies blood. It also cures respiratory disorders like asthma and bronchitis. You can use Karela in making many sort of recipes like Karela chutney, Karela juice recipe, stuffed karela, salads and lots more.
Today we are going to share Bitter Gourd Juice Recipe or Karela juice recipe which is recommended by almost every doctor to the diabetic persons. But many of us don’t like to drink Karela juice because of its bitter taste. Here we are with a easy Bitter Gourd Juice recipe full of nutrients and also good in taste.
Karela Juice recipe ingredients
- Bitter gourd or Karela- 3
- Lemon juice- 2 teaspoon
- Honey (optional)- 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Black Salt to taste
- Ice cubes
Karela Juice recipe
- Remove the bitter gourd (Karela) skin, remove the seeds and wash under the running water.
- Cut the bitter gourd (Karela) into medium size pieces
- Blend the diced bitter gourd (Karela) with honey and lemon juice until the juice becomes smooth.
- Add black salt, black pepper powder and ice cubes and blend it again.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and Serve chill
It is not recommended to use any other kind of sugar in this juice as it can alter the taste, honey is the best way to add sweetness in your juice as it is the natural sugar for diabetics.