Want to try something unusual this festive season here we are with Matar Ki Kheer Recipe cooked with small green pearls simmered in sweetened milk. Matar Ki Kheer is an unusual recipe that is sure leave your loved ones in surprise because of its pleasant green color, soothing texture and unique flavor. Here we are with Matar Ki Kheer Recipe to pamper your sweet tooth.
Learn how to make Matar Kheer a very easy recipe need very few ingredients and taste so good that you will tempt to make again and again. Read about Matar Ki Kheer Recipe.
Matar Ki Kheer Recipe ingredients
• Fresh green peas – 1 cup
• Full cream milk- 1.5 liters
• Clarified butter/ghee- 2 tablespoon
• Sugar to taste
• Blanched and chopped pistachios- ¼ cup
• Green cardamom powder- 1 teaspoon
How to make Matar Ki Kheer Recipe
• Boil the green peas till soft. Drain the water, let the Matar cool and grind it to make coarse paste, you can add little milk to make paste if required. Make sure that the green peas are boiled really well, so that there is no raw smell.
• Boil the milk in heavy bottomed pan and simmer it till it reduces a little.
• Heat clarified butter or desi ghee in a pan, add ground peas and saute well, stirring continuously for 5 to 8 minutes or till the raw smell disappears.
• Once the paste starts leaving the edges of the pan, add reduced milk stir well and simmer it on low flame, stirring occasionally for 20 to 25 minutes or till it thickens.
• Add sugar, cardamom powder and chopped pistachios, simmer for more 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
• Garnish with some chopped pistachios and serve it chilled or warm.
This Matar Kheer is very healthy recipe especially in winters when Green peas are easily available and taste freshly sweet. Try this Matar Kheer recipe and share your comments with us.