Matar mushroom Masala is one of the most popular Indian vegetable recipe ordered most in restaurants. Mushrooms and Peas in creamy tomato sauce taste awesome and goes well with roti, Lachha paratha or any kind of Naan. Here we are with delicious Matar mushroom recipe cooked in tomato gravy.
Matar mushroom is gluten free recipe so enjoy it without any health worries. You can use less or more peas (matar) depending on your food choice, frozen peas can also be used to make matar mushroom if fresh are not available. I use cashew paste to make gravy creamier but if not like the taste or allergic to cashews than replace the same with pumpkin seeds or silken tofu. Learn How to make restaurant style matar mushroom at home.
Matar mushroom recipe ingredients
• Sliced white mushrooms- 250 Gms
• Parboil Green peas (Matar) – ¾ cup
• Chopped onion- 2 medium size
• Chopped garlic cloves- 5 to 8
• Chopped Ginger- 1 inch piece
• Chopped tomatoes- 3 medium size
• Chopped green chillies to taste
• Oil- 1 tablespoon
• Cashews- 1/3 cup
• Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
• Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
• Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 2 teaspoon
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander for garnishing
How to make Matar mushroom recipe
• Blend chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chilies with little water in a blender to get smooth puree.
• Heat oil in pan. Add onion puree, cook on medium flame stirring occasionally till start leaving oil.
• Blend tomatoes and cashew nuts in blender to get smooth puree. Add pureed tomatoes to onion masala, cook on medium flame stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes or till starts leaving oil.
• Add sliced mushrooms, parboiled peas, ½ cup water, salt, red chili powder and mix well. Cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till the mushrooms and peas get cooked to preference and become soft.
• Add garam masala and kasoori methi, saute for cuople of minutes, switch off the flame.
• Garnish with fresh coriander leaves or grated coconut, serve with rice, lachha paratha, roti or naan.
Many people do not like mushroom because of its meaty texture and taste but trusts me mushrooms are purely vegetarian and good source of Vitamin D. Read on to know mushroom health benefits and how to clean mushrooms before cooking.