Matar mushroom Masala is one of the popular recipes which most of the people ordered in restaurant. Mushrooms and Peas in creamy tomato sauce are taste awesome and go well with roti, Lachha paratha or any kind of Naan. Here we are with delicious Matar mushroom recipe cooked in tomato gravy.
Matar mushroom is gluten free recipe so enjoy it without any health worries. You can use less or more peas (matar) depending on your food choice, frozen peas can also be used to make matar mushroom if fresh are not available. I use cashews to make gravy creamier but if not like the taste or allergic to cashews than replace the same with pumpkin seeds or silken tofu. Learn How to make delicious matar mushroom at home.
Matar mushroom recipe ingredients
• Sliced white mushrooms- 250 Gms
• Parboil Green peas (Matar) – ¾ cup
• Chopped onion- 1
• Chopped garlic cloves- 5 to 8
• Chopped Ginger- 1 inch piece
• Chopped tomatoes- 3
• Chopped green chillies to taste
• Oil- 1 tablespoon
• Cashews- 1/3 cup
• Turmeric powder- 2 teaspoon
• Garam masala- 1 teaspoon
• Kasoori Methi (dried fenugreek leaves) – 1 teaspoon
• Salt to taste
• Fresh coriander for garnishing
How to make Matar mushroom recipe
• Blend chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies with little (1 tablespoon) water in a blender to get smooth puree.
• Heat oil in a pan. Add onion puree and cook for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame or until the onion puree get cooked and start leaving oil. Stir occasionally.
• Blend tomatoes and cashews in blender to get smooth puree.
• Add the pureed tomatoes, garam masala, red chilli powder (optional) and Kasoori Methi to the cooked onion masala. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes on medium flame or until starts leaving oil. Stir occasionally.
• Add sliced mushrooms, parboiled peas, ½ cup water, salt and sugar. Mix well cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till the mushrooms and peas are cooked to preference and become soft.
• Garnish with fresh coriander leaves or grated coconut, serve with rice, lachha paratha, roti or naan.
Many people do not like mushroom because of its meaty texture and taste but trusts me mushrooms are purely vegetarian and good source of Vitamin D. Read on to know mushroom health benefits and how to clean mushrooms before cooking.