Matar Paneer sabzi cooked without onion and garlic is an easy and tasty recipe to add in your Navratri Vrat recipes list. Usually we think about potatoes only which are high in carbohydrates when on fasting but there are lots of other options and delicious recipes can be eaten during Navratri fast. Matar Paneer recipe without onion and garlic is delicious recipe for those who do not prefer to eat onion or garlic. Read about Matar Paneer sabzi recipe a delicious Jain food recipe.
No onion no garlic Matar paneer is not only tasty, it is also very quick to cook takes only 15 to 20 minutes and delicious Matar paneer is ready to serve. Learn how to cook Matar Paneer sabzi recipe without using onion and garlic.
Matar Paneer sabzi recipe ingredients without onion garlic
• Boiled green peas- 200 grams
• Paneer cut in cubes- 400 grams
• Ginger paste- ½ tablespoon
• Tomatoes- 2 to 3 medium-sized
• Whole Cumin (Jeera) – 2 teaspoon
• Whole Coriander (Dhaniya) – 2 teaspoon
• Cinnamon (Dalchini) stick- ½ inch piece
• Green cardamom- 2 to 3
• Black peppercorns to taste
• Salt to taste (Sendha Namak/Rock salt) to taste
• Oil- 1 tablespoon
How to make Matar Paneer sabzi recipe without onion garlic
• First dry roast cumin, coriander, cinnamon, green cardamom seeds only and black peppercorns on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till you get nice aroma. Grind the spices to make fine curry powder and keep aside.
• Heat oil in a pan, add ginger paste and sauté on medium flame till turn little brown in color.
• Boil the tomatoes, remove the skin and blend to get smooth tomato puree. Add the tomato puree in saute ginger and cook on medium flame till oil get separated from masala.
• Add boiled peas and salt mix well with the masala add little water (1/4 cup) cover the pan and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on medium flame till peas turn soft.
• Add paneer to the cooked peas, mix with light hands. Simmer on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes. Switch off the flame garnish with chopped green coriander and serve hot with roti, Paratha or rice.