Paneer Dahi Vada is a delicious recipe can be prepared instantly and easily. It is also very healthy dish to be consumed during fasting period without any guilt. To make Paneer ke Dahi Bhalla you do not require to soak or prepare anything in advance like we do for making Moong dal or Urad dal Dahi vada. Learn how to make Paneer Dahi Vada Recipe served with tangy tamarind chutney and mint sauce.
Paneer Dahi Vada are easy and quick snack option especially during festive season, as you can prepare the paneer vada in advance and serve them later with curd and chutney. Paneer Dahi bhalla is a quick and sumptuous variation to the original bhallas prepared with lentil. Learn how to make delicious Paneer Dahi Vada recipe.
Paneer Dahi Vada recipe Ingredients
• Grated Paneer – 250 grams
• Boiled and grated Potatoes – 2 medium size
• Corn flour or Ararot- 2 tablespoon
• Grated Ginger – ½ tablespoon
• Finely chopped Green chilies to taste
• Salt to taste
• Curd – 3 to 4 cup or as required
• Green chutney – 1 cup
• Tamarind chutney – 1 cup
• Red chili powder to taste
• Black salt to taste
• Roasted cumin seed powder- 2 tablespoon
• Oil for frying Vada
How to make Paneer Dahi Vada Recipe
• Mix grated paneer, grated potatoes, salt, ginger, corn flour or ararot and green chilly in a mixing bowl to combine all ingredients really well. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. Make medium size balls from this mixture and flatten by pressing lightly between your palms.
• Heat oil in a wok or heavy bottomed pan, put 4 to 5 vada in hot oil and fry on medium flame until they turn golden brown in color from all sides. Once done remove the fried vada on tissue paper or absorbent paper. Fry all the vadas in the same way.
• Beat the curd so that there should be no lumps. Place 2 to 4 paneer vada in a plate and pour curd over them evenly so that vadas get soaked completely. Sprinkle black salt, roasted cumin powder and red chili powder evenly. Repeat process from pouring curd if required.
• Mouthwatering Paneer Dahi Vada chaat is ready to serve. Serve immediately otherwise vadas turn soggy and does not taste good.
If you are making Paneer vada first time than its good to check before frying all the vadas. Once you prepare the vada mix from above recipe, make one small ball out of it and fry in hot oil if comes out perfect and do not splatter than go ahead. But If Vadas splatter while frying, then add some more ararot in the mixture and make the vadas again.
If making Paneer Dahi vadas for Navratri fast or Vrat then use sendha namak/rock salt and black pepper powder instead of red chili powder and your regular table salt. Add singhara atta or chestnut flour instead of corn flour in aloo paneer mixture as a binding agent.