Paneer Tikka is a comforting food for me high in proteins, rich in taste and easy to cook, it has all what one foodies want from a single dish. Usually paneer tikka gets its flavor from ginger garlic paste and served with lots of onion salad but here we are with Paneer Tikka recipe without onion garlic recipe, a good recipe to enjoy during Navratri fast or for those who do not like to eat garlic and onion.
Soft Paneer cubes marinated in hung curd and spices, cooked traditionally in a tandoor served with green chutney is just mouth-watering. Learn how to make lip smacking Paneer Tikka without using onion garlic cooked on tawa or stove top.
Paneer Tikka recipe ingredients
• Paneer cut into big and thick cubes- 500 grams
• Homemade Paneer tikka masala powder– 1 tablespoon
• Tomato deseeded and diced- 2 medium size
• Diced Capsicum (Green, red or Yellow)- 1 big size
• Thick Yogurt (दही)- 5 to 6 tablespoon
• Ginger Paste- 1 tablespoon
• Green chili paste to taste
• Lemon juice- 1 tablespoon
• Rock Salt to taste
• Chopped coriander leaves- A Handful
• Cooking Oil- 2 tablespoons
How to make Paneer Tikka without onion garlic
• Mix yogurt, paneer tikka masala, green chili paste, ginger paste, lemon juice and rock salt in a bowl. Add tablespoon oil and mix well to combine all ingredients.
• Add diced capsicum, tomatoes, chopped coriander and cottage cheese cubes, mix well with light hands so that all vegetables get covered with the yogurt mix. Cover the bowl and keep in the refrigerator for 30 to 40 minutes.
• Skewer the cottage cheese, capsicum and tomato onto satay sticks.
• Heat nonstick pan, add remaining oil and place the satay sticks in it, cover with a lid. Cook on medium flame by rotating the satay sticks in between, till the paneer and vegetables turn lightly browned and cooked evenly.
• Serve hot Paneer tikka with coriander chutney.
To make Paneer Tikka without sticks Like I do, just put the marinated cubes and vegetables on griddle, cover the pan with lid and cook till the tikka get nice golden color from all sides. Do not forget to turn the veggies and paneer in-between to cook the tikka evenly from all sides.