Looking for delicious and healthy Ragi cake recipe? Eggless Ragi egg is something which you do not regret to eat as it is gluten free, low in calories and high in taste. You can make Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake without oven, yes you can make it in Pressure cooker with easily available ingredients & simple table salt. Read on to know Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake recipe.
The Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake recipe is a perfect tea time cake or even a snack for kids as it is super healthy. I use all-purpose (Maida) flour in the recipe but you can also use whole wheat flour too but the cake will be denser when made with wheat flour. Learn how to make Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake recipe in Pressure Cooker?
Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake recipe Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – ½ cup
- Ragi Flour (Finger Millet) – ¼ cup
- Flax seed powder- 1 tablespoon
- Milk- ½ cup
- Cooking oil- ¼ cup
- Water- 3 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract- 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder- ¼ cup
- Baking powder- 1 teaspoon
- Brown Sugar- ½ cup
- Chopped walnut- 2 tablespoons
How to make Eggless Chocolate Ragi Cake in Pressure Cooker
- First preheat pressure cooker with salt, add 1 cup of salt at the bottom of the pressure cooker. Cover it without the weight on and allow it to get preheated over medium heat for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Mix flaxseed powder and 3 tablespoons of water and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Keep aside for further use.
- In large mixing bowl, add the Maida, Ragi flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sugar and chopped walnuts, mix well to combine all ingredients.
- Add milk, oil, flaxseed powder and water mixture to the mixed dry ingredients. Mix well combine all ingredients. Beat the mixture with light hands until the batter gets fluffy.
- Grease the baking tin (use the tin that can be fit into the pressure cooker) with oil and dust it with flour.
- Pour the Cake batter into the greased pan and place it into the preheated pressure cooker. Cover the pressure cooker without the weight on. Bake the cake on low to medium heat for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Once done, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake if it comes out clean, your cake is ready to serve if not then bake for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow it to cool completely. Remove the cake from the tin and cut it into wedges
- Serve with tea, coffee or enjoy it as a snack.