Chips are all time favorite snack of all of us, usually we opt for potato chips which are unhealthy and contain lots of calories but there are some healthier options are also there like raw banana chips that can be baked or deep fried. Raw Banana chips are great snack option to serve with tea or coffee or just to munch when feel little hungry. You can have banana chips during Navratri fast as its gluten free and made up of fruit. Raw banana chips recipe are easy to make, crisp spicy and light in nature these chips can be baked or deep fried.
Homemade Baked Raw Banana Chips can be a good alternate of fried potato chips which are not so healthy. Read on to know Raw Banana chips recipes. Learn how to make Raw Banana Chips recipe a delicious and healthy Navratri Fast or tea time snack recipe.
Raw Banana Chips recipe ingredients
• Raw Bananas – 4 to 5
• Turmeric Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
• Salt to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• Oil to fry
How to Make Raw Banana Chips recipe
• Wash and peel the bananas cut them in very thin slices, try to keep banana slices equal in thickness. Place the sliced plantains in salt water otherwise turn black in color.
• Add salt, black pepper and turmeric powder to the sliced banana, mix well and keep aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Heat oil in a wok (kadai) or pan deep fry the banana slices on medium flame till turn crispy. Remove the fried chips on tissue paper to remove excess oil. Let the chips cool down completely and store in an airtight container.
• Alternatively, arrange the slices on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400 F for 12 to 15 minutes.
• Serve crispy banana chips with hot tea or coffee.