Chinese cuisine is getting popular day by day in India. We all love Chinese food but in Indian style. Many of us visit from expensive restaurant to roadside hawkers to have Chinese food. Here I am with one of my favourite Chinese recipe- Chilli chicken, tender chicken chunks tossed with stir-fried veggies, and tantalising sauce is a true explosion of flavours. One can have dry chili chicken or chili chicken with gravy this Chinese delicacy is always a hit.
Now day’s special mixes available in the market to make the exact restaurant-style chilli chicken at home. But you can make restaurant style chilli chicken at home easily, even without these ready-to make mixes. Here are some tips and recipe to make delicious Chinese chilli chicken at home.
The Chilli Chicken Recipe is a delicious and lip smacking Indo Chinese chicken that you can make for your parties. Serve the Chilli Chicken recipe along with Hakka Noodles for a weekend dinner. Chilli chicken can be either prepared as a dry one or a semi gravy recipe. Chicken pieces are marinated with spices and later cooked with capsicums, chilies and onions. The juicy chicken in spices with the crunchy vegetables lends a unique taste to the dish.
Chilli Chicken recipe ingredients
• Chicken breast cut into pieces- 1 cup
• Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
• Egg white- 1
• Ginger garlic paste- 2 teaspoon
• Red Chilli sauce to taste
• Tomato Ketchup to taste
• Light Soy sauce- 1 tablespoon
• White vinegar- 1 teaspoon
• Cooking oil- 2 to 3 tablespoon
• Chopped onion (big chunks) – 1
• Chopped Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green capsicum) – ½ cup
• Chopped Green Chillies- 4 to 5
• Salt to taste
• Water- ¼ cup
• Chopped spring onion for garnish
• Cooking oil for frying
How to Make Restaurant Style Chilli Chicken At Home
• To prepare Chilli Chicken Recipe, wash chicken pieces under water, drain the water completely.
• In a small Mixing bowl, add chicken pieces, salt, corn flour and egg white. Mix all the ingredients well so that the chicken pieces get marinated evenly. Set aside for about an hour.
• In a separate bowl, mix red chili sauce, vinegar, soy sauce and tomato ketchup and set aside for later use.
• Heat oil in a wok or an, fry the chicken pieces till become crisp golden from all sides. Do not over fried otherwise become hard. Drain excess oil from chicken by draining them in a paper towel.
• Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add ginger garlic paste and diced onions. Cook until the onions become translucent and slightly brown.
• Add capsicums and fry them on high flame to retain the crunchiness of vegetables. Now, add chopped green chilies and sauce mixture. Slow down the flame otherwise sauces get burned.
• Add fried chicken pieces, mix well with spices and vegetables. Add ¼ cup water and cook until the water get absorbed. Ensure the chicken is completely cooked. Chilli Chicken should get a semi gravy consistency. If you want it completely dry just do not add the water. Just mix the fried chicken pieces with Sautee vegetables. Switch off the flame.
• Garnish with chopped spring onions and delicious Chili Chicken with fried rice or your favourite noodle bowl or simply enjoy with chilled glass of your favourite drink in the evening.