Sabudana Khichdi is one of my favorite dishes, though it is more popular during Navratri fast but I can have this delicious and healthy recipe anytime. You can add boiled potatoes, peanuts and green chillies in it to make it crunchier, spicy and stomach full. Read on to know Sabudana Khichdi recipe.
Sabudana Khichdi recipe ingredients
- Sabudana (Pearl sago)– 1 cup
- Ghee- 4 tsp
- Chopped green chillies- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Rock salt or Sendha Namak to taste
- Potato – 1
- Peas- ¼ cup
- Roasted peanuts- ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Water- 2 cup
How to make Sabudana Khichdi
- Soak the one cup Sabudana in 2 cups of water overnight (Always soak the sabudana in right amount of water it should be double to the amount of sabudana like1 cup sabudana = 2 cups of water)
- Heat the ghee in pan, add cumin seeds in hot ghee and splutter the curry leaves and green chilli in it.
- Add diced potatoes and roast them for a 2-3 minutes or till they turn golden brown. Add peas and ground roasted peanuts along with pepper powder and sendha namak.
- Add the soaked Sabudana to the simmering vegetables and mix it well, let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve the hot Sabudana Khichdi with raita or green chutney.