Sabudana khichdi is very quick and delicious recipe cooked with potatoes, peanuts and some basic spices, a gluten-free dish that can be enjoyed by all especially during fasting period. Here I am with simple yet delicious Sabudana khichdi recipe that one can enjoy any time of the day.
Sabudana also known as tapioca pearls are easy to digest and light on the stomach, provides enough energy required during fasts. It is one of my favorite dishes, though it is more popular during Navratri fast but I can eat this delicious and healthy khichdi anytime. You can add boiled potatoes, peanuts and green chillies in it to make it crunchier, spicy and stomach full. Learn how to make Sabudana khichdi for Navratri Fast.
Sabudana Khichdi recipe ingredients
- Sabudana (Pearl sago)– 1 cup
- Ghee- 4 tsp
- Chopped green chillies- 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Rock salt or Sendha Namak to taste
- Potato – 1
- Peas- ¼ cup
- Roasted peanuts- ¼ cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
- Water- 2 cup
How to make Sabudana Khichdi for Navratri Fast
- Soak the one cup Sabudana in 2 cups of water overnight (Always soak the sabudana in the right amount of water it should be double to the amount of sabudana like1 cup sabudana = 2 cups of water)
- Heat the ghee in pan, add cumin seeds in hot ghee and splutter the curry leaves and green chilli in it.
- Add diced potatoes and roast them for a 2-3 minutes or till they turn golden brown. Add peas and ground roasted peanuts along with pepper powder and sendha namak.
- Add the soaked Sabudana to the simmering vegetables and mix it well, let it cook for 10 minutes on low flame.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve the hot Sabudana Khichdi with raita or green chutney.