Sabudana vada is one of the most famous snacks recipes in Maharashtra. It is a perfect recipe for Navratri fast as it does not contain onion and garlic and need very simple easily available ingredients to make. Here we are with Sabudana Vada Recipe to enjoy during Navratri fast or whenever you need something to munch with hot cup of tea or coffee.
I usually make Sabudana khichdi for my Navratri fast but when I tried Sabudana vada find it tastier than it as it is deep fried, so sure it will be tastier. I am sure you are also going to love these Sabudana Vada soft from inside and crispy outside. Learn How to make Sabudana Vada Recipe for Navratri fast.
Sabudana Vada Recipe ingredients
• Sago or Sabudana – 1 cup
• Boiled potatoes- 2
• Peanut (optional) – ¼ cup
• Chopped Green chilli to taste
• Chopped Coriander leaves- 2 tablespoon
• Rock Salt or Sendha Namak to taste
• Oil for deep frying
How to make Sabudana Vada
• Soak Sabudana or sago for 3 to 5 hours in sufficient amount of water. To check whether Sabudana ready to cook or press one or two beads in between two fingers, the centre should be soft. Drain the water and squeeze little to remove excess water.
• Roast peanuts on medium flame, cool down and remove skin. Grind to make coarse powder in grinder.
• In mixing bowl add soaked Sabudana, boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped green chillies, coriander, crushed peanuts and salt. Mix well to combine all ingredients. Do not add water. Make equal sized balls out of the mixture and give desired shape with your hands.
• Heat oil in a pan or wok (कडाई) once gets hot moderately. Add Sabudana vada into the hot oil and deep fry in medium flame. Cook both sides golden brown. Drain in paper towel or tissue to remove excess oil.
• Serve hot with green chutney and a cup of tea.
Do not soak Sabudana for long time otherwise turn mushy and become sticky. Make sure the oil is hot while you drop the patties and later cook in medium flame to ensure even cooking. Always use good quality sago to get perfect Sabudana cutlets.