Sandesh is very famous Bengali sweet which is very easy to make at home and can be served on any occasion. Read on to know Sandesh recipe.
Sandesh recipe ingredients
- Grated Paneer or chenna- 150 gm
- Grated Khoya – 1/2 cup
- Green cardamom powder- 2 tsp
- 15 to 20 Kesar strands
- Sugar- 6 tsp
- Thinly sliced almonds – 6
- Blend the paneer, khoya and sugar together till smooth. It is always good to do that with your hands but can use blender or use the back of a katori to mash them together.
- Cook this mixture on low flame for 4-5 minutes in the pan.
- Does not overcook the mixture just do it to remove the raw flavor of paneer.
- Soak the saffron strands in one tsp hot milk, add soaked saffron, cardamom powder into mixture, mix until smooth dough is formed
- Make small balls from this dough carefully as it can break easily, put them in paper cups.
- Chill for a few hours and garnish with almond slices and sever.