Tikkas are all time favorite snacks from North India whether its Paneer tikka, Chicken Tikka, Mushroom tikka, fish tikka or any other kind of veg or non-veg tikka recipe everyone love to eat tikka with lots of onion salad and green chutney. Every tikka recipe need a special tikka masala powder to get the nice aromatic and lip-smacking taste. You can buy ready-made tikka masala from market very easily but it’s always good to use Homemade Tikka masala can prepared at home very easily. Here we are with Tikka masala powder recipe made with easily available spices and can be stored for at least 10 to 15 days.
Homemade masala is very hygienic and easy to make, you can vary the quantity of spices according to your taste buds and preferences. Learn How to make Tikka masala powder at home.
Tikka masala powder recipe ingredients
• Coriander (Dhaniya) seeds- 1 tablespoon
• Cumin (Jeera) seeds- 1 tablespoon
• Caraway seeds (Ajwain)- 1 teaspoon
• Cinnamon stick- 1 inch long
• Cloves- 6 to 8
• Cardamom green- 6 to 8
• Cardamom black- 3 to 5
• Black peppercorns- 10 to 15
• Whole Kashmiri Chili- 6 to 8
How to make Tikka masala powder at home
• Dry roast all the ingredients except Black peppercorns and Kashmiri Chilies on low flame for 5 minutes or till you get nice fruity aroma of the spices. Add Black peppercorns and Kashmiri Chilies and roast for couple of minutes. Do not roast the ingredients on high flame otherwise spices get burnt and become bitter in taste.
• Once the spices get roast, switch off the flame and let the spices cool down completely.
• Grind the ingredients in grinder to make fine powder. Store in airtight glass jar
• Use the homemade tikka masala powder as required to make delicious North Indian Paneer tikka or lip smacking Chicken tikka masala anytime at home. You can also use it as a substitute for garam masala.