Til ke Ladoo is very famous Makar Sankranti recipe in India. You can make Til ke Ladoo with very simple and easily available ingredients. It is very easy to make Til ke Ladoo Recipe and can be stored for 15 days to 20 days. Here we are with Til Gud Ladoo recipe made with til (sesame seeds) and jaggery.
Til ke Ladoo are very good in winters as it keeps you warm and healthy in cold weather. It is one of the traditional Makar Sankranti recipes celebrated on 14 January every year in India. There is a very popular saying in Maharashtra “til gud ghya, aani godh godh bola” which means eat sesame jaggery ladoos and speak sweet words. Read on to know Til ke Ladoo recipe a delicious winter recipe for all.
Til ke Ladoo recipe ingredients
- Sesame seeds (Til)- 500 gms
- Jaggery (Gud)- 500 gms
- Desi Ghee- 2 tsp
How to make Til ke Ladoo
- Heat the heavy base pan and add Sesame seeds (Til) in it. Roast the seeds till they get pink and crisp on slow flame. Do not burn them otherwise they will become bitter.
- Coarsely grind the half of the roasted sesame seeds (Til) in grinder.
- Melt the jaggery (gud) on slow flame. Turn off the flame when it melts.
- Add roasted sesame seeds (whole) and grinded in the melted gud, mix well.
- Rub some desi ghee on your palms and make the ladoos of desired size.
- You can store Til Gud Ladoo in an airtight container for up to 15 days.
Useful cooking tips
- Laddoo should be rolled when the mixture is still warm, as the mixture starts turning solid when cool.
- You can add coarsely ground dry fruit(almonds, cashew nut, raisins)